Thursday, November 10, 2011

New Methods of Observation/Inference/Experimentation!

In Biology for the past few weeks, we have been studying cell communication! The chapters in the textbook aren't as deep as I would prefer, but they are nevertheless useful for gaining a feel for communication. Right now, I am doing some extended research about each of these communication methods. If I find something especially interesting, I will post it.

I can't emphasize how exciting this project is for me! I am almost free to do whatever I want in the field of bacteria (I say almost because of monetary restrictions and practicality- after all, I am only in high school).

What I would really like to do, but would be nearly impossible at this time, is to create a bacterial cell based on my research. Hmmm... maybe this will be something I will pursue once I graduate.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps you would be restricted by bacterial virulence too! :) I will try to see if I can find some other more in depth information regarding cell communication. You should Google Bonnie Bassler to see what she's been up to lately.

    Ms.Keel

    ReplyDelete