Sunday, October 30, 2011

An Article A Day

As I was researching, I found a really interesting article that suggested bacterial communication could lead to a change in Earth's climate. The article can be found at:

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-10-bacterial-affect-earth-climate.html

I might revisit this idea later on, when I examine the effects of bacterial communication on the environment.

This article assumes that global warming is caused by increased levels of carbon dioxide; this may or may not be true. In order to confirm this, I may do some extra research, or find someone else who is doing a project on global warming and share my findings with him or her.

While on the subject of working with another person, Aditya is studying bioluminescence, and he will be getting some water containing dinoflagellates from Puerto Rico! When he experiments with/studies these, I will be able to investigate further on this kind of bacteria, and incorporate some of his investigation in my research. His ISP blog is http://myintrepidadventures.blogspot.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment